Training is an integral part of human resources function and many of us HR professional really want to enter into the field of training. However, becoming a trainer is not a cakewalk. You should possess excellent communication skills, excellent presentation skills and wider knowledge. With this you should also have patience, highly focused. Alongwith this you should also know how to handle different function of training perfectly.
I often come across the advertisement that Train the Trainer programme in 1 days, 2 days, 3 days etc. (I prefer not to take name of such institutes)
Ridiculous. I do not believe that in one or 2 days you can be a trainer. It takes years to gather the knowledge and to train on how to delivery the training it requires good amount of training.
Today while doing researching come across through IGNOU's train the trainer programme.
When I went through duration and schedule, I found it worth. I suggest this one over other advertised train the trainer programme.
- Planning trainings that are relevant to the needs of the trainees
- Applying different training methods for different target groups
- Using learning objectives to plan and evaluate a training project
- Improving individual training skills
- Working with training groups
- Principles of adult education and needs assessments
- Learning objectives as the basis for planning and designing trainings
- The creative use of different training methods and media
- Structuring trainings
- Group dynamics, motivation and dealing with critical situations
- Feedback techniques
The basis of this workshop is the training cycle (planning-designing-implementing-evaluating a training project). The participants will learn about each step of the training cycle. There will be practical exercises and each participant will get video feed-back. At the end of the workshop, the participants will design short-term training projects from their areas of expertise. Parts of these training projects will then be acted out in class in the form of role-play.
Presentations, discussions, practical exercises, group work, Metaplan, video feedback