- Phaneesh Murthy has to leave the job
- He does not have a clear answer about this except saying that his only fault is he did not disclose about the "relationship" allowed as per the policy but need to disclose (In India as well as in US Polygamy and adultery is not allowed and may become one of the reason for divorce too, so if it meant to say physical relationship then I doubt having such clause in the company policy really help.
- According to a US-based analyst who closely follows i-GATE, the company has lost one $200 million technology outsourcing contract they had recently won and is likely to lose another one of similar value.
- idoti has cut its price target on iGate shares by $5 to $16, less than what the company was trading at before Murthy was fired. It has resulted into loss of the share holders and valuation of the company.
- i-GATE is getting lot of negative publicity on social media and news paper. Few people are supporting Murthy and many abusing and cursing (and I do not know how many of the people cursing Murthy do not have lust for women ) There are big claims too like he was a womeniser, he is a victim, it was already known. Now look at one of the comments on online version of Times of India
Other related cases:
Few other cases where company faced embarrassment and executives lost jobs in India are:
1. Pradeep Shrivastava, Idea cellular, Chief Marketing officer
2. Gopal Kanda and Geethika case
3. C Venkatramana, NALCO