This question is repeatedly asked to me through my various blog post and individually I have tried my level best to answer this. I am also aware that few private universities and their agents are trying to lure people who are simply degree mill and nothing. The worst is, some of the universities are shutting down and in some cases their officials get arrested. The worst universities are:
1. Sainath University Jharkhand
2. CMJ University, Meghalaya
3. MGU University Shillong
4. EIILM University, Sikkim
5. Vinayak Mission University Salem and Sikkim
6. Rai University
7. MAHER University (somebody reported it is offering degree in Kolkata beyond its jurisdiction)
8. Shobhit University
9. Manav Bharti University
10. Sikkim Manipal University (court case is going on)
11. ICFAI (violating territorial jurisdiction)
12. Jaro Education (through various fake foreign pseudo university)
13. Assam Down Town University
14. Venkateshwara Open University, Arunachal Pradesh
15. Jaipur National University
16. Jodhpur National University
17. Bhagwant University
18. Shridhar University
19. Swami Vivekanand University
20. Chhatisgarh University
21. Karnataka State Open University (violating territorial jurisdiction)
22. C V Raman University
23. The Global Open University, Nagaland (violating territorial jurisdiction)
24. Assam Don Bosco University
These are just few name, there are many such degree mills whose degrees are very inferior in quality and for money they can grant degree to anybody.
Then what are the options for those who have completed 2 years degree (As of now only 3 years degrees are valid for the purpose of higher education, public sector job and even for employment in few private sector organisations).?
Well, a degree cannot be completed in less than 3 years period. So, those who never had been to college will not be able to save year. However if somebody has completed 2 years degree of old pattern and if somebody has completed 1st year and second year of degree from any UGC approved university, they have following options:
1. 1 year bridge course from same or other UGC approved university. As of now following universities offer bridge courses:
i. Kalyani University- West Bengal (offers 1 year bridge course in Bengali, Political Science, English and History)
ii. North Bengal University- BA only
The second option is lateral entry into III year od degree programmes. Currently, various universities offer this programme however, I recommend only University of Madras and Annamalai University.
Condition: To get admission to 3rd year of degree programme, you should have passed 1st and 2nd year of degree programmes from any UGC recognized university. You have to submit copy of the syllabus from which university you have completed your 1st and 2nd year and the syllabus should be at least 75% common. If it is not, for the rest of the subject you may appear for exam alongwith your 3rd year degree subject.
I am posting transcript of the chat with one of such online friend (I have never seen him and do not know him). This will clarify it further:
I mailed you earlier, i am suffering due my B.sc course is of 2 years(old course)
I am a victim of CMJ university scam.
Now I want My B.sc degree to upgrade from 2 years to 3years.
SaiNath university is offering 1 years additional B.Sc , which to upgrade from 2 years
to 3 years graduation
1)It That true..Additional B.Sc will upgrate from 2 years to 3 years ?
2) 2 years from calcutta university +1 year from Sai Nath university =3 years graduation
is it acceptable?
19, Sardar Sankar Road,
Behind Lake Market
Kolkata - 700 029