Imagine a situation, you are among the best performer in your department and your organisation is aware about it, however, since you do not have enough confidence while communicating, your boss or the organisation cannot recommend you for a promotion.
Take another example, you want to apply for a job change, however due to lack of communication skills, you cannot do it.
Communication skills are integral part of our life. Whether in a personal life scenario or a business, it in inevitable.
In this blogpost, I am presenting few handpicked free MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) courses from world's leading universities including University of Virginia and University of Washington.
Choose the course of your need and enjoy.
2. The Future Of Storytelling (iversity)
- learn storytelling basics such as antagonist/protagonist relationships, narrative/narrated time, ...
- have a look at exciting current media projects
- analyze how they are designed and executed based on aforementioned basics
- and discuss how (and if) new online tools and formats change the way stories are told and perceived.
- storytelling basics
- serial formats (on the TV, web and beyond)
- storytelling in role-playing games
- interactive storytelling in video games
- transmedia storytelling
- alternate-reality gaming
- augmented reality and location-based storytelling
- the role of tools, interfaces and information architectures in current storytelling.
Our goal is to inspire and help understand. To broaden our horizon of what is and might be possible and what has already been attempted, and what has succeeded or even failed - and why.
In several little tasks you'll analyse and practise storytelling on your own and in teams.