Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University has announced admission for Ph.D programme.
FMS is amongst the top 5 B schools in India and consistently ranked between 3rd and 4th all over India. It is at par with IIMs and even ahead of few IIMs.
Having a Ph.D degree from FMS is adding feather of cap.
In my previous post, I had warned people about few private universities who are selling degrees and how you need to understand and verify an acceptable and approved Ph.D degree. Please read the post by clicking following link:
It is useful for:
1. Those who want to enhance their knowledge and skills
2. Those who want to pursue career in management teaching in India
3. Those who want to apply for teaching profession abroad
4. Those who want to enter into consultancy services/ organisation and own start up. Imagine you have a tag of FMS and when you approaching a client for business or strategy consulting and its impact on getting the job done.
- To be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme, a candidate must have obtained a Master's/ M. Phil. degree of the University of Delhi, or any other recognized University, or a Post-graduate Degree in an allied subject equivalent thereof. She/he must have obtained either a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in the M.Phil. degree or a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in the Master's degree.
- Candidates having an MBA/Master's Degree in an allied subject from University of Delhi or equivalent would be required to write the CAT-2013 test for admission to the Ph.D. programme. Such applicants should have a minimum of two years of experience post their MBA/Master's Degree on the date of writing the admission test.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree of four years or more, viz. B.Tech. or M.B.B.S., who have obtained a minimum of 70% and 60% marks or equivalent grades respectively, and also have obtained any national level fellowships, are also eligible to apply for the Ph.D.. Programme.
- Permanent teachers of any recognized University/College other than the University of Delhi, employees of a Research Institute in India and candidates sponsored by their employers will be considered for admission to the Ph.D. programme only if they obtain study leave for a period of two years to fulfil the residency requirements of the Ph.D. programme of the University of Delhi.